This can be done three ways:
a) by putting the warmer in boiling water
b) by putting the warmer in a steam steriliser
c) by putting the warmer in the mircowave
Charging the warmer by boiling water or steam steriliser:
Charging your Yoomi in the Microwave
You need to calculate the stage 1 time the first time you charge your warmer in the microwave.
How to Calculate Your Stage 1 Time
- Put the Yoomi warmer in the pod upside down and sealed into the microwave. Set the microwave for 60 seconds and heat.
- Remove from microwave and shake 5 times. If you hear a rattle 60 seconds will be your stage 1 time and proceed to step 2 (in the instruction below - charging your warmer). If you don't hear a rattle microwave for a further 10 seconds.
- If you hear a rattle after this time your stage 1 time is 70 seconds then proceed to step 2 (in the instruction below - charging your warmer). If you still don't get a rattle microwave for a further 10 seconds.
- If you get a rattle this time your Stage 1 time will be 80 seconds then proceed to step 2 (in the instruction below - charging your warmer).
Charging your warmer in the microwave is done in 4 steps:
- Place your Yoomi warmer upside down in the pod and heat for your calculated stage 1 time in the microwave
- Shake for 30 seconds
- Heat for a further 30 seconds in the microwave
- Shake for a further 30 seconds
- Never microwave the warmer without the pod
- Don't put anything else in the microwave while heating the Yoomi warmer
- Only 1 pod at a time in the microwave
- Don't be tempted to exceed the microwave timing as this will damage the warmer.
- If the red warming band is visible (2mm or more) it has been overcooked.
The Yoomi warmer needs to cool for 75 minutes at room temperature or 20 minutes in cold water steriliser before use.
How to operate your Yoomi when it has been charged:
If you have any questions about the Yoomi Self Warming Bottle instructions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.