Meet Fanfan the Fawn, the slightly smaller relation to the award-winning teething toy Sophie the Giraffe. Fanfan uses the same principles as Sophie, designed to stimulate your baby’s senses with his contrasting colours, feel and gentle squeak. Made in France from 100% natural Hevea rubber and painted with all-natural food-grade paint, Fanfan is soft, safe and non-toxic for babies to chew. His long legs and lightweight design make it easy for little hands to grasp and hold.
The Story behind the Giraffe that started it all!
Sophie the Giraffe was born on May 25th 1961, on Saint Sophie’s day, hence her name. She looks exactly the same today as she did back in 1961. Sophie was the first of her kind, designed and created by Monsieur Rampeau, who was an expert in transforming the latex from the Hevea tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept. To this day, Sophie the Giraffe is still traditionally produced, a process that involves more than 14 manual operations.
Vulli, a company based in France has continued the production of Sophie the Giraffe, honouring the traditional production process. Vulli has expanded the Sophie Giraffe range to include a wide range of products from bath toys to comforters and other teething toys, such as Fanfan the Fawn.
Features of Fanfan the Fawn
- Made from 100% natural rubber.
- Makes a fantastic baby shower gift - Beautifully presented in a gift box.
- Easy to grip – His lightweight design and long legs make it easy for baby to grip.
- Stimulates the 5 senses
- Taste – Made from 100% natural rubber and all-natural food-grade paints, Fanfan is safe to chew. His soft texture and chewable parts (legs, ears) soothe sore gums during teething.
- Hearing – Fanfan’s squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates hearing.
- Touch – Fanfans’s soft feel stimulates physiological and emotional responses that soothe baby and promote healthy growth and well-being.
- Sight – The dark and contrasting spots on Fanfan provide visual stimulation.
- Smell – the scent of the natural rubber makes it easy for your child to identify Fanfan amongst their other toys.
Is Fanfan the Fawn Safe?
The natural Hevea rubber makes Fanfan safe and non-toxic for babies to teethe and chew. He is BPA free and painted with all-natural food paint. Fanfan has been extensively safety tested and exceeds the required safety standards for teethers.
Please be aware that there are cheap imitations, which may be harmful to your child.
What is Fanfan the Fawn made of?
Fanfan is made using 100% natural rubber from the Hevea tree and all-natural food-grade paint.
How to clean Fanfan the Fawn
Lightly wipe with a damp cloth and soapy water. Please DO NOT submerge Fanfan as the water can affect the squeaker. Do no put Fanfan in a microwave, steam steriliser, dishwasher or in boiling water.
Can Fanfan the Fawn be sterilised?
Do no put Fanfan in a steam sterilise. Sterilisation methods require partial or full immersion of the product in a sterilising solution and this could damage the product as well as risk water entering Fanfan via the squeaker hole.
Can Fanfan the Fawn be placed in the bath?
It is important to remember that Fanfan is not a bath toy. Should water enter the product, there is risk of damage to the squeaker and the product itself.