Special Limited Edition Sophie the Giraffe - My First Christmas Set. Includes 1 Sophie the Giraffe and 2 Sophie Christmas balls. The perfect Christmas gift for a new baby.
After more than 55 years, Sophie the Giraffe is the original and award-winning teething toy for babies and toddlers. Sophie is designed to stimulate your baby’s senses with her contrasting colours, feel and gentle squeak.
Her long legs, neck and lightweight design also make it easy for little hands to grasp and hold. Sophie’s shape has your little ones teething needs covered. Her knobbly head is great for first teeth and the long legs soothe the back molars.
Each Sophie the Giraffe is handcrafted in France from 100% natural Hevea rubber making it soft, safe and non-toxic for babies to teethe and chew. Sophie comes beautifully presented in a gift box with a certificate for her new owner, making her a fantastic baby shower gift.
The Story behind Sophie the Giraffe
Sophie the Giraffe was born on May 25th 1961, on Saint Sophie’s day, hence her name. She looks exactly the same today as she did back in 1961. Sophie was the first of her kind, designed and created by Monsieur Rampeau, who was an expert in transforming the latex from the Hevea tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept. To this day, Sophie the Giraffe is still traditionally produced, a process that involves more than 14 manual operations.
Vulli, a company based in France has continued the production of Sophie the Giraffe, honouring the traditional production process. For more than 55 years Sophie the Giraffe has comforted and soothed babies right around the world. Her design and quality stand the test of time, loved by generations.
Features of Sophie the Giraffe - My First Christmas Set
- Includes 1 x Sophie the Giraffe and 2 x Sophie Christmas balls.
- Made from 100% natural rubber.
- Beautifully presented in a gift box, the perfect Christmas present for a newborn baby.
- Easy to grip – Sophie’s shape and 18cm size is perfect for little hands. She is very light, and her long legs and neck make it easy for baby to grip.
- Stimulates the 5 senses
- Taste – Made from 100% natural rubber and all-natural food-grade paints, Sophie is safe to chew. Her soft texture and chewable parts (legs, ears) soothe sore gums during teething.
- Hearing – Sophie’s squeaker keeps baby amused and stimulates hearing.
- Touch – Sophie’s soft feel stimulates physiological and emotional responses that soothe baby and promote healthy growth and well-being.
- Sight – The dark and contrasting spots on Sophie provide visual stimulation.
- Smell – the scent of the natural rubber makes it easy for your child to identify Sophie amongst their other toys
Is Sophie the Giraffe Safe?
The natural Hevea rubber makes Sophie safe and non-toxic for babies to teethe and chew. She is BPA free and painted with all-natural food paint. Sophie the Giraffe has been extensively safety tested and exceeds the required safety standards for teethers.
Please be aware that there are cheap imitations, which may be harmful to your child.
What is Sophie the Giraffe made of?
Sophie is made using 100% natural rubber from the Hevea tree and all-natural food-grade paint.
How to clean Sophie the Giraffe
Lightly wipe with a damp cloth and soapy water. Please DO NOT submerge Sophie as the water can affect the squeaker. Do no put Sophie in a microwave, steam steriliser, dishwasher or in boiling water.
Can Sophie the Giraffe be sterilised?
Do no put Sophie in a steam sterilise. Sterilisation methods require partial or full immersion of the product in a sterilising solution and this could damage the product as well as risk water entering Sophie via the squeaker hole.
Can Sophie the Giraffe be placed in the bath?
It is important to remember that Sophie is not a bath toy. Should water enter the product, there is risk of damage to the squeaker and the product itself.